It becomes quite problematic for parents to know that their child is going through a developmental delay situation. On the other hand, there are now many treatment options and diagnoses for properly labeling developmental delay. Furthermore, a person can never predict a child’s future intelligence and learning abilities.
On the whole, development delay means that your child has not gained specific developmental skills required and attained by others of the same age group. For instance, a child may not show certain motor functions, such as speech and language, at an appropriate time. Our therapists give extreme care to two different functions of a child.
What Causes development delay?
Mostly, the development delay is caused by many reasons. Many factors contribute to words before a child is born or during birth. Nevertheless, the development delay can also be caused right after birth. Therapists in Dubai can provide help to your child with flexibility and proper training. Let us discuss some of the reasons that cause developmental delay.
- Sometimes, a child may have genetic or hereditary conditions like Down syndrome.
- Metabolic disorders also cause developmental delays. Furthermore, an injury or trauma to the brain, such as shaken baby syndrome, can cause a developmental delay in a child.
- Psychosocial traumas, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, commonly cause developmental delay. In addition, a child may forget the task he already knows how to do.
- This problem can also be caused by many serious infections and deprivation of food or environment.
Symptoms of Study Development Delay
The best therapists in Dubai dictate different helping techniques so that these children can catch up according to their age group. Nevertheless, it becomes quite problematic and difficult for parents to hold a child with the following symptoms of developmental delay.
- A child may be learning or developing slowly compared to children of the same age.
- A child may perform motor functions lately, such as rolling over, sitting up, crawling, or walking.
- People with developmental delays also have difficulty communicating or socializing with others.
- They have difficulty remembering things and have lower-than-average scores on IQ tests.
- The main symptom or sign that the developmental delay children can ever show is that they cannot do everyday tasks properly. For instance, they have difficulty resting or going to the restroom without help.
Small Step uses Therapies to Assist your Child.
Many different therapies therapists in Dubai use to assist a child with developmental delay. These therapies are helpful for children as they help them with daily motor skills, sensory processing, understanding, learning, socializing, and much more.
- The most common therapy for such children is physical therapy. Most children with developmental delays have difficulty performing daily activities such as dressing up. Therefore, physical therapy can help a child in learning daily gross motor skills.
- Occupational therapy is known best among therapists in Dubai as it addresses fine motor skills, sensory processing, and self-help.
- Speech and language therapy is quite helpful with children as it sharpens their areas of understanding, pronunciation, and producing language and speech sounds.
- Many other therapies help children with developmental delays, such as behavioral therapy, early childhood special education, and much more.